Verbatim Communications Limited, publishers of Effectual Magazine, is seeking to engage Copy-editors and Proof-readers on a free-lance basis for our Book Publishing unit. We are a publishing company with a bias for faith based and purpose driven literature. We seek to publish works that have the unique ability to deliver wisdom and impart knowledge to audiences of all ranges hence creating timeless value. Our hallmark is purpose, integrity and excellence.
The roles include:
1. Checking text to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended audience.
2. Correcting grammar and spelling.
3. Ensuring the text is in line with the Publisher’s ‘house style’.
4. Checking facts.
5. Being alert to any potential legal problems in the text, such as libellous statements or breach of copyright, and discussing them with the publisher.
6. Checking illustrations and captions are correct.
Skills and personal qualities include:
1. Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar.
2. A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail.
3. The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
4. An inquisitive mind.
5. Good concentration, to focus on texts that may be lengthy.
6. The ability to retain the author’s ‘voice’ after editing.
If you are interested or think you are suitable for this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
1,453 total views, 2 views today