…Put pen to paper!
It is not in doubt that you know that without Vision, you cannot have a productive nor impactful life. This is because vision gives a sense of purpose; a direction, which helps you streamline your life and get rid of those things that lead you no where near your best life.
Last week, I shared some thoughts about vision and how to actually develop a vision for your life. This week, our focus is on the need to turn those visions to plans. Aha! Plans… we can’t escape this important exercise.
Planning gives structure and form to our broad visions. It makes them tangible and doable. In planning, you answer the “how” questions- How do I translate this vision into reality? How do I go from where I am presently to where I see myself to be? How do I become the person of my dreams or live the life of my dreams? How do I bridge my execution gaps? Without answering these “how questions”, you will be stuck with great visions but no motion and this is a frustrating place to be as you can see all you can be but cannot experience it.
So, here’s what I think you can do:
1. Write your vision down (if you haven’t already done so). Write it down clearly. Habakkuk 2:2
2. Then ask how you can make it happen. “What do I need to do, learn, acquire, experience, know, etc, to get me to this vision?”
3. Put your answers in a detailed, step-by-step guide with timelines on how to deal with them attached. This right here is your plan.
4. In your plan, set specific times for reflective thinking and evaluation. This will help you check if you have taken a detour or you’re still on track.
5. Be commited from the get go. Start knowing that you will do all that’s required to see it to the end.
6. Be flexible. In adverse situations, find other ways to stay on the path to your vision.
It is totally possible to have a great 2018. The question is are you willing to do the work?
630 total views, 2 views today