It has been two weeks again, and I just could not post… I am extremely busy and my busy is different. My busy has to do with the time I spend to prepare and since I am a teacher by calling and I teach every single day, hours and hours of my nights are spent ensuring that I am ready for my tasks during the day. Translation; once I am done for the day, the last thing I want to do is blog. Yes, I said it, and it is MY TRUTH!
470 total views, 2 views today
I have a habit, and I have been told it is a bad one; I don’t listen to the news. I don’t listen to the news because the last time I checked, it is bad, sad, angry or frustrating news back to back. Suddenly, it seems like our world is predominantly bad and finding good in it is like looking for a needle in a haystack…however, I am personally determined that every time you take a look at the world, and you look in my direction, you will always find good. Thankfully, I am not the only one who is this determined; I know some other people who have made this commitment too.
507 total views, no views today
Welcome to another great week. Have you heard the news? It is December already!!! Yes, the dreaded December that is indicative that time has practically run out on us for the year 2016. The thing is if you are observant, you don’t need a calendar to tell that the year is coming to an end. How do I mean?
586 total views, no views today
Blogging has almost become alien to this site. I will be the first to tell you that not blogging was not a decision that I made consciously and still isn’t one I want to make. However, life happened and I saw myself not blogging for several weeks and finally a pattern that I am ashamed to say is mine evolved.
That said, I will like to make the commitment one more time to say I will do better, and quickly follow up with the fact that this time, I am working on a plan that I will commit to so it might work.
1,365 total views, no views today
Last week, the news of the death of someone I wish I had the privilege of meeting broke. It started with a Facebook post by one of my friends, then a Blackberry message by yet another friend and by the end of the week, a telephone conversation with one of my Sistas. What was the subject of these different messages?
1,197 total views, no views today
Happy New Year.
I know it has been a while I have posted anything here. Life happened with me travelling and then returning to try to implement new learning. I had hoped that by the time I blogged or posted anything here it would be on the new face of my website but alas, man proposes and…
996 total views, no views today
“My goal is to create authentic, insightful relevant content using the learning from my every day journey and growth.”
2,329 total views, no views today
Today I will just write from my heart; the goal is to encourage you to just put your hand to work and get on with your dream. So here are eleven reasons and I am sure you can find more why you must live your dream.
1. First, life is too short not to be intentional about what you are doing and want to achieve. Even this morning I have received news of someone in her prime who passed on; if she had anything to say about her life span, I am pretty sure she would not be choosing death anytime soon. Live well and live full! Life is too short.
2. If you don’t live your dream; earth will be missing a valuable resource in what God has equipped you with. Everything to make your corner of the earth a better place; is in you. Others may live similar dreams but none will be able to live it like you… so get cracking.
3. Life and situations will never improve to the point when living a dream becomes most conducive… honestly; it will never happen. If anything, situations may get worse and you will regret not starting today. So please start.
4. If you don’t step up to the plate; the one (God) who has equipped you for this life and impact will definitely hold you accountable. Not living our reason on earth is a total waste God’s resource and you don’t want to be that person who wasted God’s resources.
5. Other destinies are riding on your ability to live your own dreams. People you can give a better lease on life because you are; those who without choosing you, have been tied to your destiny by faith. Sometimes I imagine that if I don’t get cracking; I will not be able to bear the sight of them should I ever have the opportunity to stand before them. Others will be if you are? So are you?
6. Some people cannot begin until you have started. They are counting on your technology so they can use it as a take-off point. God has designed it so; don’t be the reason they couldn’t start; unless you want to be accountable for them too. Do you?
7. You will grow more, learn more and know more if only you start today. You cannot possibly be prepared well enough to not need to learn more; so starting will be a great learning curve for you. You will never find out what works or doesn’t no matter what others tell you; until you start. Get cracking!
8. I mean you were born to do this! This is the most important reason you made it to earth… how can you live and not fulfil the reason for which you came? What is the use of a car if it is never driven? What will your use be if you didn’t fulfil your assignment?
9. Your wealth is tied to this dream; honestly it is. No matter how rich you get financially doing anything else; true wealth which is beyond money in the bank but also a satisfaction that makes you know you lived; not just existed is found when you step out and do what you were designed to do! Do you want to be rich or wealthy?
10. The world will only make room for you if you make a demand on it. Your dream presents you with the platform from which you make that demand. From outside it seems like there is no room. But that is because you are still outside. Your place is there; just step out and begin to ask and they will make room for you.
11.Help is available to you when you step out. Every dream has helpers, midwives and collaborators. The reason you are still working alone is because they don’t recognise you. You are in the wrong place; how will they know you are the one they have been called to help? Step up and out and your helpers will come.
Aside from the fact that I am tired of seeing people moping around, waiting for some magic wand to be waved, I am also tired of seeing those who have no idea what it takes, move into vacuums that we allow to exist; and rather than help humanity; they make the earth poorer and weaker.
Today, I had someone come see me that will never have known that I existed, but for the fact that I stepped up and out. Your dreams lived via your gifts will make room for you and all you have ever craved for; you will become; Nevertheless.
Here is to your success.
1,709 total views, no views today